Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mark Me by Shawn Bailey

Summary:
It was bad enough to have some guy try to hit on him in the men’s room of the video arcade last night, but to wake up and find two tattoos on his body is just too much. Who in the hell is this Dimitri person? And why is his name tattooed on my butt? Trey and the other friends have pulled some pretty mean pranks on Eli in the past, but this is just too much.

Dimitri takes one look at that handsome sleeping face and just can’t resist branding his name across Eli’s bottom. Maybe it is the way Eli had turned down his advances earlier that night that spurs him to do such a childish thing. Or maybe he just hopes the preppy violinist will seek him out to remove the tattoos and he’ll get another chance to gaze into those big hazel eyes.

Reviewer: Fashionta
I’ve read a few other books from Shawn Bailey and really liked them. So I figured I couldn’t go wrong. Than…the beginning of this made me literally slap my own forehead! No Joke. Dimitri comes on as a rude, arrogant, and a complete jerk, who works in a tattoo parlor. Eli is this innocent, unassuming, young man and a recently graduate from high school, and a very talented violinist. It’s definitely an interesting mix. So here I’m thinking, what have I gotten myself into?

I really didn’t know what to think of this one though. Dimitri is a tattoo artist, who was once a violinist – from his younger years. But he keeps coming on too forceful and strong. He seems to have a lot of patience though, as Eli keeps trying to push him away. But just when you want to write Dimitri off completely, he throws in the romance! Even Eli is caught off guard. Eli not knowing what to make of Dimitri, thinking he’s just an arrogant man, hell bent on ruining his life. Yet…why is it Eli can’t stop picturing things he’s never thought of before, or noticing other males eyes, hair, even the way there butts sway when they move and dance.

The moment when Dimitri and Eli where back in the tattoo parlor left me a bit confused…they were speaking like it was almost bad to be gay, that they wouldn’t be able to have kids. That almost immediately, after that Dimitri goes down on Eli, a bit sudden, and out of nowhere! It was like someone flipped a switch with Eli, he’s no longer this innocent, naïve young man…he’s bolder, and all of a sudden knows what he wants. It left my brain spinning!

Of course it didn’t take long before problems came to light. Turns out both Eli’s friends and father have something to say about him seeing Dimitri. Being betrayed by his friends, left Eli in tears, but a betrayal by Dimitri and his father combined…now that is almost unforgivable! The ending felt rushed and unfinished. It came as a surprise and left a few unanswered questions.

I give this 3.5 stars…I fear I may have given the impression that I hate this book, well…I didn’t hate it, it just was a bit out there. Ok, maybe I didn’t like the beginning to much. And a few other moments did have me slapping my forehead, repeatedly. But it was entertaining to say the least.

Publisher: Siren-Bookstrand Publishing
Review Courtesy Of: ManicReaders

0 comments:

Post a Comment