Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pain and Revenge by John Simpson

Summary:
Rookie CIA agent James Elliot is sent to his first assignment in London, where he finds out that not only does the CIA know that he's gay, but that he's been brought in on an assignment precisely for that reason. James is thrown into a situation where he must seduce a Russian GRU Agent and find out what he's doing in England.

Warning: male/male forced sex scene that is intricate to the plot. Also spankings are the sadistic Russians specialty and the question is, "Can James Elliot hold out to finish the job?" The novella reaches a satisfactory conclusion as the answer to the question.

Reviewer: RedDragonfly
This was the first book by John Simpson I've ever read and I'm pretty sure it will be the last. I couldn't make it past halfway for this book, I hate giving bad reviews but I just couldn't finish it. There was nothing that I liked about this novel. I wanted to toss my ereader across the room at many points and I just had to finally give up.

The lead characters are not likable (not even James who is the good guy) and in fact the love interest (who really isn't even a love interest like I thought he would be) was a sadist and had no good qualities. I made a big mistake thinking that they would fall in love and you would figure out he wasn't really such a bad guy. Clearly that was a huge mistake because he was pure evil. I ended up skimming the end to see if Gregor ended up redeeming himself but nope, didn't happen.

This book just wasn't my style and I hate giving it 2 stars but sadly I hated it.

Publisher: Naughty Nights Press
Review Courtesy Of: ManicReaders

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there!

Wow, Pain and Revenge really sounds like it was a pain to read! I love m/m romance/erotica and other GLBT literature. Glad I read your review, I will skip this one.

Haven't visited your blog in awhile, so wanted to stop by and say hi. Thanks for the review!

Best Wishes,
Mia at The Muses Circle

Post a Comment