Monday, March 5, 2012

Heather Killough-Walden Promo

Today we have an extra little treat to accompany the review for Heather Killough-Walden's new book The Vampire King which is set in the same world as her wildly popular Big Bad World Series. A Teaser from this book, so enjoy.

Teaser from The Vampire King by Heather Killough-Walden:
It was another long moment before she spoke again. She seemed to be gauging everything he did and said, working something out in her head.
“What do you want with me?”
That was the question of the century. He had no idea what to tell her that wouldn’t scare the shit out of her. He wanted….
To lay you out on my bed.
“I want to help you,” he said. At least that was the truth, even if by far it wasn’t the whole truth.
Evie’s honey-colored gaze narrowed. She didn’t believe him. It had been a very long time since someone had not believed him. Though he couldn't blame her – he didn’t believe him either.
“You want to help me.” She straightened a little, still visibly trembling but somehow regaining her wits.
Roman knew she didn’t understand. How could she when he didn’t understand himself? He showed her his open hands in a gesture of well-meaning and said, “I don’t know why, but I’m drawn to you. It’s why I was able to save you, Evie.” He took another step forward, unable to help himself. The distance between them was just too far and it was driving him a little nuts. “I was there when danger struck because I couldn’t stand to be far from your side.” He paused when a look of panic floated across Evie’s beautiful face. “I think it has something to do with what you are,” he said softly.
Evie took a step back and Roman’s heart sank. “And what exactly would that be?” she asked, her tone still clearly frightened, despite her obvious strength of character. “Human?”

0 comments:

Post a Comment