Monday, September 12, 2011

The Summoning by Tatiana Caldwell

Summary:
Gailyn Bridges is a psychic who is ready to end her troublesome career as a private investigator. For the last time, she summons a powerful spirit to help her close a final case.

However, the mysterious entity who answers, Malak, is no ordinary spirit. He's more than willing to help Gailyn save the would-be victim of a violent crime.

But who's going to save Gailyn when Malak returns to collect payment for lending her his power?

Reviewer: Dolce Amore
Well, after I read the plot, I wasn't sure what to expect. But a few days before I had bought one of her books and I liked her style, so I decided to try it. I loved the main concept, about the demon, incubus, who was just a lost soul because he was feeling guilty for all the lives he took many years ago, in World War I, that he was suffering because of his own conscience and that’s why he was in Hell.

What I disliked was the idea of stealing the body from a person so he can live again. Also, I disliked the idea of killing Oliver Marks’s girlfriend just because she was pregnant. A normal person won’t take risks if he wasn't ready to give what the baby needed. I think this part was a little too “fiction” for me.

So, I’d give The Summoning just three stars.

See the original review on goodreads
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/207831817

0 comments:

Post a Comment